Website Y-12 National Security Complex
You get #morethanajob. We encourage employees to achieve a healthy personal balance among home, work and the community. One of the ways we embrace work-life balance is by offering flexible work arrangements that provide alternatives to the traditional workweek, while still meeting business needs. Top talent and personal commitment mean more to our success than any other factors, so we reward our people with the kinds of benefits that make a positive difference in the quality of their lives. Benefits such as: medical plan, prescription drug plan, vision plan, dental plan, employer matched 401(k) savings plan, disability coverage, education reimbursement and many more. Want to stay healthy and fit but hate the cost of a gym membership? Take advantage of one of our onsite workout facilities and eat healthy in our onsite cafeterias. Much more than a workplace, at Pantex and Y-12, you can build a career that lasts a lifetime.
- As a design engineer, the candidate will be responsible for developing high quality detailed design packages, providing engineering procurement and field technical support to implement those designs, and providing expertise for troubleshooting and technical assessments of plant systems. Design involves the preparation of conceptual engineering deliverables such as cost-estimating bills of material and man-hour estimates, statements of work, design criteria, and title II engineering deliverables including preparation of calculations and analyses, construction specifications & drawings, and equipment specifications. Candidate must effectively and cooperatively work as a team member of an integrated project team, or as a technical lead for a multi-discipline task and will routinely provide input to system engineers and other plant customers. Design engineer will routinely perform walkdowns in the existing plant facilities in order to generate design documents and provide field support to craft personnel.
- Ability to follow procedures and work within a rigorous work process
- Ability to estimate, plan, and track progress for preparation of discipline deliverables
- Demonstrated technical capabilities, leadership, and work ethic
- Ability to work in a project team environment and communicate well with other disciplines, customers, and stakeholders
- A Professional Engineering License (PE)
- Knowledgeable in respective technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques
- Good written and oral communications skills
Qualification & Experience:
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from an Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) Accreditation Board of
Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited program in the United States or designated equivalents from Canada or
Mexico, the Washington Accord, or the list of substantially equivalent as documented by ABET.
There is a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) requirement up to 4 years post-graduation at time of offer and confirmed by transcript. Beyond four years from graduation, engineering experience will supersede GPA as a requirement for hire.
3.0/4.0 minimum cumulative GPA for Bachelor degree
3 minimum cumulative GPA for Master degree
3.5 minimum cumulative GPA for PhD
In addition, the applicant must meet the requirements of DOE O 426.2 (i.e., Baccalaureate in engineering or related science,
2 years job-related and at least 1 year nuclear experience, or a DOE O 426.2 alternative). DOE 426.2 experience requirements can be satisfied following employment. In the interim, newly hired personnel will not be assigned duties that could impact the safety basis of nuclear facilities. (Ref. DOE O 426.2)
Company: Y-12 National Security Complex
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oak Ridge, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A