Website Y-12 National Security Complex
You get #morethanajob. We encourage employees to achieve a healthy personal balance among home, work and the community. One of the ways we embrace work-life balance is by offering flexible work arrangements that provide alternatives to the traditional workweek, while still meeting business needs. Top talent and personal commitment mean more to our success than any other factors, so we reward our people with the kinds of benefits that make a positive difference in the quality of their lives. Benefits such as: medical plan, prescription drug plan, vision plan, dental plan, employer matched 401(k) savings plan, disability coverage, education reimbursement and many more. Want to stay healthy and fit but hate the cost of a gym membership? Take advantage of one of our onsite workout facilities and eat healthy in our onsite cafeterias. Much more than a workplace, at Pantex and Y-12, you can build a career that lasts a lifetime.
- As a project engineer the candidate will be responsible for managing complex, multi-discipline engineering services (both internal and subcontracted) and component or bulk material procurements in support of projects. May be assigned to support a specific plant organization for all of its engineering needs, including projects and minor non-project modifications and studies, and/or matrixed to a single or multiple project manager(s) for the engineering effort associated with capital or expense-funded activities. Ensures the Engineering organization’s performance of the established scope of work and directs development, maintenance, and execution of a project/task technical work scope within budget and schedule. Approves all design deliverables and ensures that all technical input requirements are considered and incorporated and that reviews for constructability, acceptability, operability, maintainability, safety, etc., are performed.
- Ability to apply technical skills of engineering and architecture to the design of facilities and/or appurtenances to facilities
- Ability to coordinate engineering/architecture teams and collaborate with stakeholders to outline project requirements and develop scopes of work, project schedules, and budgets
- Extensive technical expertise and full knowledge of related engineering/architecture systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering, architecture, and construction methods and materials.
- Knowledge of industry regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to various engineering and architecture disciplines
- Ability to review projects for technical accuracy
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively through the oral and written word
- Ability to prepare, read, and/or interpret complex engineering/architecture drawings
- Ability to conduct formal presentations to plant personnel and other interested parties
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/architecture/science discipline with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience. Along with experience the candidate shall have a 3.0/4.0 cumulative GPA OR a Master’s degree in engineering/architecture/science discipline with a minimum 3.3/4.0 cumulative GPA.
- The applicant must meet the requirements of DOE O 426.2 (i.e., Baccalaureate in engineering, architecture, or related science and 2 years job-related experience in the nuclear field). DOE 426.2 experience requirements can be satisfied following employment. In the interim, newly hired personnel will not be assigned duties that could impact the safety basis of nuclear facilities. (Ref. DOE O 426.2).
Company: Y-12 National Security Complex
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oak Ridge, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A