Website City of Waco
Under basic supervision, reviews civil engineering project plans and specifications and inspects construction projects for compliance with approved plans and conformance with Public Works Department (PWD) safety and construction codes and regulations.
- Inspects structural and infrastructure construction projects, coordinates inspection work with other City Departments, agencies and utility providers.
- Identifies and documents deficiencies and deviations from quality and safety standards and project specifications; refers serious problems and disagreements in interpretation to Supervisor.
- May be required to respond afterhours depending on work activities, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
- Tests quality and quantity of materials used and stability of work site.
- Performs field inspections to monitor quality control and evaluate the work performed; tests and verifies quality of workmanship and compliance with plans, specifications, estimates, PWD codes and regulations.
- Reviews plans and specifications of projects to gain familiarity with the projects prior to inspection.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
- Inspects civil engineering construction projects built by the City and by contractors; verifies construction activities are in compliance with all applicable codes, ordinances and regulations; works independently and makes appropriate decisions based on work experience and training; duties may vary according to job assignment and individual skills.
- Maintains communications with developers and builders and resolves problems.
- Monitors work activities at work site and enforce safety rules and regulations.
- Maintains and updates inspection records and project documentation files; prepares reports on program activities and performance and as needed for project progress payments.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Two years of journey-level in general construction or building inspection experience.
- Class C Water Operator license from Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) within 2.5 years; according to the needs of the City, additional training and certifications may be required.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
Company: City of Waco
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Waco, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A