Website Commonwealth of Virginia
Duties will include data input and maintenance of database systems for BrM, QA inspections, consultant negotiations, and ancillary structures for consultants, municipalities and/or VDOT, as well as the use of SharePoint for data sharing and transfer. Position will assist with the completion of safety inspection reports, drafting channel profiles and other sketches in Visio, pulling structure information for negotiations, and maintaining files according to record retention policies. Position will assist with in-depth visual and mechanical inspections of bridges and highway structures to discover deterioration, damage and defects that would affect the life, serviceability and safety of the structure. Position will provide program and administrative support to the work unit, e.g. travel, SPCC purchases, etc. Additional positions may be filled from this recruitment.
- Knowledge of bridge maintenance and repair procedures, inspection methods, and common bridge types and components.
- Ability to diagnose causes of damage and deterioration to structures.
- Ability to read and interpret bridge and structure plans and specifications.
- Ability to use specialized inspection instruments and tools.
- Ability to prepare and/or draft structural drawings and sketches.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and to follow safety practices & procedures. Skill in mathematics, as well as in the use of computers and software applications.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience preparing automated reports, entering data and maintaining databases and files.
- Experience in bridge maintenance/repair or structural inspection. Completion of an FHWA-approved course in safety inspection of in-service bridges.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office products and CAD. Associate’s degree or coursework in engineering or engineering technology.
Company: Commonwealth of Virginia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Lynchburg, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A