Website Commonwealth of Virginia
Heavy part-time counseling positions available with Challenge Outreach, an alternative to juvenile detention, monitoring and counseling of families of delinquent youth in their home. Travel in own vehicle required; flexible schedule required including evenings and especially daytime hours.
- Work involves meeting with assigned youths and their families in their home; providing assistance; modeling behaviors; reinforcing positive actions.
- Prepares records of client visits, progress, and case notes; responds to emergencies and crisis interventions as needed; and establishes working relationships with families, court personnel, referral agencies, and other service providers.
- Must be able to work in very fast-paced environment. Mileage reimbursed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with at least 1 year human services experience. Experience may be paid, volunteer, internship or practicum. An equivalent combination of experience, education and training will be considered in lieu of the minimum education and experience requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a human services discipline or related field such as criminal justice. Experience with at-risk youth and in family counseling and counseling model, home visit experience, knowledge of juvenile court system preferred.
Company: Commonwealth of Virginia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Portsmouth, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A