Website U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program. You must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA policy and submit your EDRP application within four months of appointment. Approval, award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) are determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services program office after complete review of the EDRP application. Learn more.
- Assists the Chief, FMS and the FMS section supervisors in formulating, organizing, and developing the annual Business Plan along with the Annual Budget;
- Monitors completion of work orders and Environment of Care Committee Rounds Inspections (EOCC) work orders to ensure FMS is meeting objectives for environment of care issues affecting the health care system;
- Advises management officials, supervisors, and employees on the interpretation and application of a variety of human resources policies, practices, and procedures including staffing, classification, employee relations,
- Serves as the primary Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) for FMS;
- Assists with the development of the facility Strategic Capital Investment Planning;
- Serves as the liaison between the Projects Section Supervisor, M&O Supervisor, Housekeeping Officer, Biomedical Engineering Supervisor,
- Safety Section, in all matters relating to service level contract administration and has full authority to act on behalf of the Chief, FMS in conducting daily business to support these contract administration operations;
- organizing, directing, evaluating, coordinating, and integrating all FMS contracts;
- Coordinates and prepares documentation related to The Joint Commission (TJC);
- Manages annual review of all Engineering equipment on the Equipment Inventory Listing (EIL) for non-expendable equipment that requires periodic inventory and replacement;
- Ensures all VA and TJC standards are met and appropriately incorporated into policies and procedures;
- Assures self-development responsibilities and maintains current knowledge of trends in the management of patients. Completes educational and training requirements in a timely manner.
- Participates, directs, and provides opportunities for staff development through in-service education if requested.
- Other administrative and/or educational duties as assigned by the supervising physician.
- Facilitates responses/actions to patient inquires, including forms, regarding care and treatment received.
- Attends conferences and committee meetings as assigned by the supervising physician.
- Supervises assigned trainees and provides them with meaningful educational experiences.
- Promotes and participates in the delivery of patient and family health care education.
Company: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Physician
Job Location: Washington, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A