The position requires an individual who has a strong vision for a faculty-driven approach to enhancing teaching and learning and the ability to collaborate across institutional and UBHE constituents to advance the unique educational mission of the university. As co-chair of Faculty Senate’s Advancement of Teaching Committee, the Senior Director positions OTL as a service unit and works collaboratively to provide recognition, scholarship support, resources, and programming to develop pedagogical skills, including but not limited to technology-enhanced instructional methods, instructional design, and engaged and inclusive learning approaches. The Senior Director reports to the Associate Provost of Academic Programs, Assessment, and Accreditation. Utah Valley University values diversity in its faculty, students, and staff and strongly encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans. UVU offers an excellent benefits package that includes a generous leave policy,
- Excellent listening, inquiry, and follow-up skills; willingness to learn about and embrace different viewpoints and perspectives.
- Outstanding oral presentation and written communication skills across various audiences.
- Strategic planning and resource management skills to improve efficiency and eff
- Knowledge of nationally-recognized processes for quality assurance and regulatory standards for online education and student learning.
- Maintains currency with relevant educational research literature, publishes, encourages faculty and staff publications, and informs the UVU teaching community of relevant work. Skills:
- Knowledge and strong leadership experience and demonstrated effectiveness in working collaboratively with academic administrators and faculty to create credibility and trust, and encourage initiative and innovation in online education and faculty development.
Qualification & Experience:
- Extensive teaching experience with a record of learner-centered instruction using a variety of pedagogies and educational technology.
- Experience in pedagogical support of faculty a higher education context.
Company: Utah Valley University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Woodland Hills, UT, US
Application Deadline: N/A