Woodbury School of Business Position Category: Executive Summary: The new Dean of Woodbury School of Business will be committed to enhancing and executing WSB’s strategic vision, facilitating student success through excellence in teaching and research, mentoring, overseeing fundraising, and engaging with diverse communities. The Dean’s leadership will be based on cooperation, collaboration, honesty, personal accountability, and ethical governance.
- Accomplishes goals and achieves high-quality results; follows through on commitments; makes timely and informed decisions; and holds self and the team accountable to carry out key responsibilities and operate by and adhere to the University’s core themes and objectives.
- Conveys information, expectations, and ideas to individuals and groups in clear ways that produce effective coordination; seeks out and incorporates input from others; follows policies and protocols; and delivers and receives timely and regular feedback with candor and civility
- Understands and contributes to the University’s mission, vision, and long-term objectives; anticipates and plans for potential internal and external changes; and focuses activities on aligning and achieving strategic goals for self, department, the school, and the University.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, the principles of academic freedom and shared governance
- Proven experience with networking, engagements, and collaborations with higher education groups, industry partners, and/or community entities that create positive social impact Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Seeks opportunities to motivate and mentor individuals professionally; empowers others to take on responsibility; fosters optimism and energy for reaching goals; helps individuals develop a broader understanding of potential career options and pathways; and commits to creating inclusive working, teaching, and learning environments.
- Evidence of data-driven decision-making associated with an organization’s strategic planning
- Evidence of collaboration with diverse groups
- Evidence of commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Qualification & Experience:
- At least five years of leadership experience, resulting in continuous growth and innovation of an organization
- Evidence of fundraising experience
Company: Utah Valley University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Spanish Fork, UT, US
Application Deadline: N/A