The Intern will assist with implementing and monitoring projects under the direction of the supervisor. Work includes sourcing stories, researching story ideas, conducting interviews and writing content for press releases, op-eds, radio and video scripts, web and other channels. Writes with a solid creative idea. Works closely with and supports the needs of the account teams. Identifies, analyzes, and reports on media coverage across print, broadcast, and online resources. Uses social media as tools to monitor for industry trends, report on PR results, and identify industry influencers.
- Ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments, and deadlines.
- Basic understanding of UVU’s mission.
- Superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to become a strong writer.
- Knowledge of related industry trends.
- Basic understanding of principles of PR.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in non-academic writing, with a strong grasp of English grammar and familiarity with AP style.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
Company: Utah Valley University
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Salem, UT, US
Application Deadline: N/A