Education is at an inflection point. Universities are quickly evolving, and new technologies and strategies are reshaping the education experience. We are Utah Valley University (UVU) — the largest student enrollment among teaching institutions in the state of Utah, with over 41,000 students. We are one of only a few institutions in the nation offering an integrated dual-mission model that combines the rigor and richness of a first-rate teaching university with the openness and vocational programs of a community college.
- Meet with students, evaluate disability documentation, and utilize an interactive process to determine reasonable accommodations
- Coordinate with faculty/staff to implement approved accommodations
- Provide access and accommodations for students as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Knowledge of the American Disability Act (1990) and the Amendments Act, Vocational Rehabilitation Act, Section 504 (1973), GRAMA, FERPA, HIIPA, and other federal and state statutes and case law.
- Ability to work occasional evening or weekend hours.
- Ability to problem-solve, work collaboratively, and resolve access issues.
- Ability to interpret diagnostic information including medical, psychological, and learning assessments to determine reasonable accommodation services.
- Ability to work with students, faculty, and staff to problem-solve, work collaboratively, and resolve access issues.
- Ability to stay current in best practices in the field of accessibility services in higher education.
- Knowledge of a variety of disabilities, their impact, and accommodations including accessible technology that provide access to an academic environment.
- An understanding of how to implement the American Disability Act (ADA) to recommend and approve accommodations for a variety of disabilities.
- Knowledge of best practices in accessibility, accommodation services, and assisted technology.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in a disability services-related field such as accessibility services, special education, or vocational rehabilitation
- Fluent in a second language such as Spanish or American Sign Language (ASL)
Company: Utah Valley University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Alpine, UT, US
Application Deadline: N/A