Lead Operations UCCU (Part-time, Variable Hour) Position Category: Staff – Part-Time (Variable Hour) Summary: The UCCU Center is hiring a part-time Operations Lead. The Operations Lead is involved in all aspects of event setup and tear down at the UCCU Center, Lockhart Arena, and UCCU Ballpark. The Operations Lead works closely with the Operations Manager and the UCCU Center Management team in planning, scheduling, and training part-time Operations staff. Responsibilities of the position and organization include setting up stages, chairs, tables, furniture, pipe and drape, barricades, risers, and various other equipment.
- Skills in organizing and directing the work of staff and large groups.
- Ability to complete tasks on time and follow instructions.
- Ability to manages ambiguity and operates effectively even when the way forward is not clear.
- Knowledge of the assembly, set up, and removal of a portable NCAA Division 1 basketball court.
- Skills in self-motivation and self-direction to perform tasks without constant supervision. Abilities:
- Knowledge of leadership and event management
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Ability to direct work, provides direction, delegate, and remove obstacles to get work done.
- Ability to be a good teammate, contribute positively to a winning culture, and be respectful.
- Knowledge of setting up stages, barriers, risers, chairs, etc. for concerts and various events.
- Ability to operate light trucks, lift trucks, boom lifts, and heavy duty mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge of event safety and standard practices. Skills:
- Skills in organizing and directing the work of temp employees.
- Knowledge of events and event facilities.
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Associates Degree and 1 year of experience in facility or event management.
- Or any combination of education and experience totaling 3 years.
Company: Utah Valley University
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Provo, UT, US
Application Deadline: N/A