Website United States Postal Service
Manages the Customer Acceptance Testing (CAT) function for Human Resource (HR) technology and systems. Develops CAT testing strategy and implements plans for large on premise and cloud-based enterprise systems.
- Oversees and coordinates the activities of a team of professional CAT testers, including providing manpower plans and forecasts.
- Reviews and approves CAT testing requests, resource recommenda- tions, and project timelines. Assigns requests and resources to CAT project lead.
- Defines criteria for business requirements used to translate system requirements into test cases/scenarios; ensure all assigned requirements are included in the system.
- Identifies root cause of system defects to eliminate errors and inefficiencies. Collaborates with IT and internal stakeholders to develop processes and measures to eliminate identified errors.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders, developers, and subject matter experts to determine cross-functional CAT testing delivery dates that meet overall HR and organizational needs.
- Develops and executes CAT testing strategies, goals, and metrics to define and monitor testing performance.
- Evaluates and implements recommendations to enhance and improve CAT processes and technology.
- Manages team workload and testing schedules, makes assignments, monitors progress, evaluates performance, and provides continuous oversight and guidance.
- Reviews and approves test scripts according to functional requirements and regression test needs. Serves as the functional owner and approver for CAT approval to IT’s Technical Solutions Life Cycle(TSLC) and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX).
- Ability to develop Customer Acceptance Testing (CAT) strategies, metrics, and goals sufficient to evaluate CAT performance, evaluate team, and approve CAT plans. (1, 2, 4)
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to effectively define and translate business requirements into technical definitions and solutions to meet business requirements.
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and agile development methodologies, processes, standards, and techniques sufficient to design, build and test information systems.
- Ability to supervise the work performance of staff, which includes scheduling and time and attendance functions, evaluating performance against goals, providing technical guidance and feedback, building effective work relationships, and establishing individual development plans.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies sufficient to evaluate and implement process and technology improvement recommendations.
- 3 years of experience managing teams performing Customer Acceptance Testing (CAT) on large enterprise systems.
- Knowledge of application practices in the areas of requirement definition, requirement management, testing strategy, testing tools, functional testing, regression testing, end-to-end testing, Section 508 compliance, benchmarking and security
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Government Administration
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A