Website U.S. Department Of Agriculture
Incumbent provides engineering assistance working with landowners, groups, and units of government to apply and maintain a variety of conservation practices in their area of assigned responsibility.
Determines engineering training needs for field office personnel and provides training on surveying and engineering equipment.
Provides instruction in the use of the National Engineering Manual, the Engineering Field Handbook, Agricultural Waste Manual Field
Handbook, State Technical Guide, and various technical releases and handbooks.
Completes payment requests and referrals pertaining to work completed for cost sharing. Documents layout and construction in conservation assistance notes or job diary.
Selects and applies standard methods of computation for quantities such as concrete, earth fill and excavation. Develops standard drawings on the CAD system.
Provides on-site technical assistance and training to field personnel in installation of conservation practices: parallel terraces, ponds, waterways, irrigation systems, agricultural waste mgmt systems, grass-based rotations, pasture planting, etc.
Performs construction inspections on simple and complex structures for conservation systems. Performs drafting and other graphical work on a computer-aided drafting system and maintains they system equipment and supplies.
Determines the type, scope and intensity of field investigations and surveys needed. Directs collection of field data and assures adequacy of collected data.
Designs and supervises the design of complete engineering practices and structures. Prepares job sheets and designs. Prepares as-built plans.
Prepares engineering cost estimates and construction performance time estimates.
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit E-
- Verify at https://www.e-verify.gov/.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license for the type of vehicle(s) operated to perform the duties of this position.
- Tentative selectees will be asked to sign a mobility agreement prior to final selection.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check. If selected, you will be sent instructions on obtaining fingerprints. Please note we are not able to reimburse any fees incurred for fingerprints.
- Successful completion of one-year probationary period, unless previously served.
Qualification & Experience:
- A combination of education and experience, as described above, may be used to qualify for this position. This combination must have equipped you with the necessary knowledge and/or experience to successfully perform the duties of this position. Combinations of experience and education must total at least 100% as outlined in OPM Qualifications policy.
- You must possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-5 level or higher in Federal service, or comparable experience not gained through Federal service. Examples of specialized experience include:
- Substitution of education in lieu of specialized experience for the GS-5 level: a) successfully completed a full 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction, or industrial technology; or (b) that included at least 24 semester hours in any combination of courses such as engineering, engineering or industrial technology, construction, physics, drafting, surveying, physical science, or mathematics
Company: U.S. Department Of Agriculture
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A