Website U.S. Department Of Agriculture
This position is located in the Department of Health And Human Services, Office of the Secretary of Health and Human Services, Office of the General Counsel, headquartered in Washington, District of Columbia.
- Prepares the answers, motions, affidavits, briefs, or other pleadings appropriate to the defense of the cases for filing in the courts or administrative tribunals in conformity with applicable rules and regulations;
- Examine and prepare appropriate response to complaints and hearing requests;
- Negotiates directly with opposing counsel regarding offers of settlements;
- Prepares in writing and orally presents legal and factual arguments and required motions.
- Attends pretrial and pre-hearing conferences and presents all required motions, statements, summaries, and witness lists;
- Conducts depositions and all other discovery of adverse witnesses and performs cross examination during formal proceedings;
- Financial disclosure statement may be required.
- Appointment will be subject to the applicant’s successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. All information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation.
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service – http://www.sss.gov
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date.
- All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choice.
- Documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS “E-Verify” System.
- Suitable for federal employment
- U.S. Citizenship required
Company: U.S. Department Of Agriculture
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A