Website U.S. Forest Service
This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied.
- Responsible for coordinating the accomplishment of the unit’s fire management activities, program direction, coordination, and evaluation of the fully integrated fire management program.
- Ensure field inspections are conducted before and after wildland and prescribed fire to ensure objectives are met.
- Direct and supervise all phases of budget management to assure balance in the organization at varying levels of funding, and initiates changes as appropriate.
- Coordinate and provide technology transfer of new and current research data to forest programs. Identify the need for research studies related to fire and aviation management issues.
- Serve as a member of the Forest/Grassland Leadership Team, which is responsible for the coordination and development of overall long-range forest planning.
- Provide leadership in the fire safety program in a doctrinal principles based approach. Ensure that adequate review, analysis and reporting are completed after incidents/accidents/near miss incidents.
- Provide advice and counsel to line officers to ensure certified personnel are ready for duty.
- Provide leadership, coordination and direction in the formulation of standards, methods, and guides for aviation management program elements.
- Provide advice and guidance in the adaptation of policies and standards received from higher authorities to local conditions.
- Perform program oversight by working with the districts, region and other forest program personnel in order to develop policies, establish long and short-term objectives, resolve issues, and share/coordinate resources.
- Minimum of 90 days of wildland firefighting experience is required.
- Must pass the Work Capacity Test for certain Interagency Fire Program Management or Fire Program Management positions.
- Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Subject to one year supervisory/managerial probationary period unless prior service is creditable. New USDA supervisors must successfully complete all components of the required training program before the end of their probationary period.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Successful completion of one-year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service or exempt.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit E-Verify.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- This is a Test Designated Position. You will be tested for illegal drugs prior to appointment and randomly thereafter. Appointment and continued employment is conditional on negative results.
- Willing to live/work in remote locations (volatile/unpredictable).
Company: U.S. Forest Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hot Springs, AR, US
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A