Website U.S. Forest Service
The BLM manages 245 million surface acres. This land, known as the National System of Public Lands, is primarily located in 12 Western States, including Alaska. We are a small bureau with a big and complex job, determining the best combination of uses for public lands based on good science and input from the public both in local communities and across the country. The BLM’s multiple-use mission is to sustain the health, diversity, and productivity of the public lands for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations.
- Develops, implements, and carries out a wide range of multiple use, resource management programs such as fisheries, wildlife, fuels, recreations, and land management consistent with Bureau and Departmental Policies and within delegated authority.
- Provides overall supervisory/managerial responsibility for a large staff in multiple disciplines, including hiring, training, development, performance, and overall organization effectiveness.
- Conducts a proactive and open public relations program to improve public awareness and support of BLM programs.
- Interprets departmental and bureau policy and directives, making final field office planning and program decisions, including resolution of both long range and day to day planning and program conflicts.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- If selected for this position, you will be required to annually complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450 within 30 days of reporting to duty.
- Be sure to read the ‘How to Apply’ and ‘Required Documents’ Sections.
- If you are selected for this position, you will be required to serve a one year supervisory/managerial probationary period if one has not previously been completed.
- Your resume must contain enough information to show that you meet the qualification requirements as defined in the announcement. In addition, your responses to the questions must adequately reflect in your resume.
- Appointment will be subject to a favorably adjudicated background/suitability investigation/determination.
- Direct Deposit Required.
- You cannot hold an active real estate license: nor can you have an interest or hold stocks in firms with interest in Federal Lands.
Company: U.S. Forest Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richfield, UT, US
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A