Website U.S. Forest Service
A career with the Forest Service will challenge you to manage and care for more than 193 million acres of our nation’s most magnificent lands, conduct research through a network of forest and range experiment stations and the Forest Products Laboratory, and provide assistance to State and private forestry agencies.
- Responsibilities listed are at the full performance level.
- Design inventory strategies to support land use planning.
- Consult with other Forest Service program areas, state and tribal historic preservation offices, the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation,
- and other federal, state, and local agencies, and the public.
- Provide advice on identification of Heritage and Cultural Resources.
- Utilize archeological principles, practices, and concepts in order to develop cultural resource programs.
- Perform archeological inventory to identify and assess the resources within the area that may be impacted by proposed projects.
- Monitor archeological projects to ensure sufficiency of past fieldwork to aid Forest in identification, evaluation, and management of historic properties.
- Provide heritage and cultural resource management orientation to personnel on statutes, regulations and purpose of work to be performed.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successful completion of one year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
Qualification & Experience:
- geography, geology, or cultural geography;
- history, historiography, or historical archeology;
- environmental studies;
- scientific writing (nonfiction English composition); and/or
- Archeological field school;
Company: U.S. Forest Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A