Website U.S. Forest Service
This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates applications are due for these locations can be found on theForest Service website.
- As part of industrial fire prevention inspections, issues on the spot Notices of Violations, and designates corrective action required for fire precaution regulations.
- Performs suppression operations on fire management unit. Responsible for updating fire occurrence map and large fire history annually.
- Manages the unit’s fire detection program as required.
- Responsible for updating fire occurrence map and large fire history annually. Plans, organizes, supervises, schedules and directs group prevention/education contacts with external entities.
- This position is responsible for development, implementation and administration of the unit?s Fire Prevention Program.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with local law enforcement personnel for violations of State Law, fire-setter contacts and other violations.
- Prepares annual financial and budgetary plans for the prevention program using the appropriate data to prepare the workload cost analysis.
- Recommends issuing burning or campfire permits for the Unit with regards to Fire Danger Levels, monitors for compliance/non-compliance and manages records.
- Provides technical expertise on fire protection and prevention issues. Analyzes, coordinates, organizes and develops comprehensive Wildfire
- Prevention Analysis Plans for the unit.
- Plans, supervises, schedules, directs and coordinates prevention activities.
- Plans and supervises exhibits and events for fire prevention/education activities. Performs suppression operations on fire management unit.
- This is a Test Designated Position. You will be tested for illegal drugs prior to appointment and randomly thereafter. Appointment and continued employment is conditional on negative results.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit E-Verify.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Successful completion of one-year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Minimum of 90 days of wildland firefighting experience is required.
- Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service or exempt.
Company: U.S. Forest Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bridgeport, CA, US
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A