Website UBS Arena
Delaware North Sportservice is hiring Cooks to join our team at UBS Arena in Elmont, New York. As a Cook, you will have strong communication skills, consistent excellence in food preparation, always observing safety protocols and cleanliness standards, set up of equipment, and verification of stock.
- Packages all products to proper specifications.
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Sets up and operates kitchen equipment
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet.
- Cooks all food to proper specifications in a timely manner.
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
- Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines.
- Keeps workstation, coolers and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit operations.
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions.
- Ability to read and understand recipes and food abbreviations.
- Capable of following procedures and taking directions.
- At least six months’ experience as a Prep Cook or Line Cook.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
Company: UBS Arena
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Elmont, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A