View All TVA Jobs Tennessee Valley Authority
Using prescribed methods, performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced system engineer. Applies standard engineering practices and techniques in specific situations to solve operational and maintenance problems involving Instrumentation and Controls (I&C) systems and components. Adjusts and correlates data and recognizes discrepancies in results. Provides technical interpretations of design requirements as they apply to the maintenance and operation of I&C systems.
- Performs assignments designed to develop professional knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques and methods and a knowledge of plant system design and operation.
- Limited exercise of judgment is required on details of work and in making preliminary recommendations and development of design, maintenance and operational alternatives.
- Entry – never supervises and may be assisted by aides or technicians.
- Supervisor screens assignments and provides verbal or written instructions for unusual or difficult problems.
- Paired with more experienced system engineers on non-routine work. Receives close supervision on new aspects of assignments.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering fundamentals and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to achieve technical areas prescribed on performance appraisal.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical/electrical engineering or other related engineering degree from an accredited curriculum, plus appropriate continuing education. EIT Certificate desirable.
- Membership in professional and technical societies is desirable.
Company: Tennessee Valley Authority
Vacancy Type: Intership
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: SPRING CITY, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A