About the job
As a Customer Experience Associate in Hardlines, you are responsible for ensuring an exceptional guest experience in the Hardlines departments. You will assist customers in finding what they are looking for and ensure Hardlines is stocked with the products customers want. You’ll know which products will meet customer’s needs and stay up to date on trends. With your knowledge and helpful suggestions, customers will continue to shop the Exchange. You will prioritize customer needs over tasks and grow sales by maintaining merchandise, signs and labels on the sales floor.
We offer flexible scheduling, comprehensive medical, dental, life and disability insurance, paid time off, shift differential/holiday pay, and a traditional pension and 401K plan to qualifying associates. You’ll also have access to the base and its facilities, our Mass Transit program, and status as an employee of the DoD.
So what can you expect as a Customer Experience Associate – Hardlines at the Exchange?
- Greet every customer with eye contact and smile in your authentic way
- Acknowledge every waiting customer as soon as they arrive to the hardlines area to let them know you’ll be right with them
- Listen to customer needs; ask appropriate follow-up questions to ensure you offer appropriate products that meet the specific need of the customer
- Ensure customers have an extraordinary experience while shopping
- Complete transactions accurately and efficiently while engaging customers in appropriate conversation
We know that you can work anywhere. However, working at the Exchange is the start of something great! While you make it easy for our customers, we focus on you and your development! Our people make us who we are. We want to see you grow, so we put growing together at the forefront of everything we do. It is our duty to provide you with the tools and resources that you need to succeed. Joining the Exchange means joining a team that is devoted to you!
Number of Positions Remaining
REDSTONE MAIN STORE
- Able to learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Able to think quickly on the spot to answer customer questions
- Able to take initiative
- Able to share brand knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willing to cross-train and work in other areas of the store, as needed
- Must possess a welcoming and helpful attitude toward customers and other team members
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- 12 months Retail experience preferred
Completion of high school or the equivalent. Retail experience, demonstrated willingness, and potential for additional responsibility.
If a sufficient number of qualified candidates do not apply, the minimum qualifications may be lowered without reposting.