Website TECO Energy
Reporting to the Manager, HR, the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) serves as an HR subject matter expert to assigned business units and acts as an advisor on human resources and talent related issues. Working directly with the senior leadership team, the HRBP will develop and lead an HR agenda which supports organizational goals and business strategy. The successful candidate will act as an employee champion, drive change initiatives, and anticipate HR related needs to deliver value-add service to leaders and employees.
- Being a trusted advisor to managers and employees in all aspects of HR and Talent including employee and labor relations, talent and performance management, health and safety, employee engagement, conflict management, change management, and labor/employee relations.
- Championing the organization’s culture of Inclusion and Diversity and support efforts to continue to ensure inclusion and equity.
- Solving complex employee and labor relations issues and represent the company in collective bargaining, litigation, and union arbitrations.
- Ensuring compliance with all pertinent HR-related laws and regulations.
- Creating a culture for employees to speak up about their concerns through consistent application of employee policies and practices and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Providing partnership, counsel, and expertise on people matters to drive business outcomes.
- Participating in HR and cross-functional projects in support of key organizational and talent initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field required, Master’s degree/MBA a plus.
- 5+ years of progressive HR business partner experience, preferably in mid/large sized organizations. Experience implementing talent and performance management initiatives. Prior experience working with regulated utility industry a plus. Previous labor relations experience preferred.
- Ability to develop credibility and rapport with all levels of the organization; strong interpersonal and influencing skills at all levels of management.
- A natural collaborator that excels at balancing the needs of different stakeholders.
- Superior communicator; delivers clear, concise, and influential messaging – both oral and written.
- Comfortable operating in an environment with competing priorities; with a strong aptitude for adaptability and innovative thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with critical attention to detail and follow through on projects to completion.
- Ability to travel within the State of Florida; relevant experience will be considered in lieu of some of the requirements.
- Proficient in HR tech platforms; experience with SAP, SuccessFactors, Saba, is a plus.
Company: TECO Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A