Website Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
This position is also available as a lateral transfer opportunity to employees within the Administrative Assistant state classification. The selected candidate must meet the minimum qualifications of the corresponding job in the Administrative Assistant II-III series. Provides routine administrative and/or clerical support for the Houston Regional Office of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ). Answers telephone calls, takes messages, provides information and/or refers calls to appropriate parties. Greets and directs visitors to appropriate staff
- Receives and routes packages, mail, faxes, and documents.
- Assists staff in compiling information, reviewing data, preparing correspondence and mail outs, copying and distributing reports, and coding reports for central records. Maintains databases, files, and records to track information and prepare queries and reports.
- Assists in planning and facilitating general office activities and support services such as travel, procurements, etc., and coordinating administrative assignments/tasks among the region.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Special Requirements: Moving up to 10 pounds of files and office supplies.
- Traveling up to 5% of the time.
- The agency will review the applicant’s driving history in connection with the use of a vehicle in the performance of the job.
- Qualifications Graduation from a standard senior high school or its equivalent plus one year of full-time experience providing administrative and/or clerical support in an office setting.
- Fifteen semester hours from an accredited college or university may be substituted for each six months of the required experience
- Experience providing customer service in an office setting by greeting and assisting customers and/or answering, screening, or routing telephone calls.
- Experience preparing and/or proofreading correspondence, forms, brochures, manuals, and/or charts.
- Condition of Employment: TCEQ will verify Selective Service registration for males born on or after January 1, 1960.
- If exempt from Selective Service registration selected candidate must provide proof of exemption on first day of employment
Company: Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Paramedic
Job Location: Ft. Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A