Website Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
The selected candidate must meet the minimum qualifications of the corresponding job in the Natural Resources Specialist II-IV series.Performs technical work in the fields of air, water, and waste pollution for the Abilene Region Office of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ). Conducts technical inspections, surveys, follow-up investigations and prepares reports which document field activities and observed conditions. Conducts environmental monitoring and prepares technical papers regarding studies involving environmental subjects. Provides limited technical assistance to the public, regulated community, and other interested groups regarding the application of appropriate rules and regulations.
- Assists with collecting and analyzing environmental samples.
- Moving up to 35 pounds of equipment and samples.
- Traveling up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to climb to heights of 40 feet without acrophobia
- Ability to work more than 40 hours per week, as needed, to complete assignments, or to assist with emergency response efforts.
- The agency will review the applicants driving history in connection with the use of a vehicle in the performance of the job
Experience and Qualifications:
- A bachelors degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in a natural or physical science, engineering, environmental studies, or related field generally preferred, but not required (COPY OF OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED WITH APPLICATION).OR Four years of full-time experience in the field of environmental activities directly related to the examples of work performed.
- Preferred Qualifications: Experience interpreting rules, regulations, policies, or procedures.
- Experience conducting inspections or investigations. Experience collecting environmental samples.
- Experience working with environmental issues, specifically water issues.
Company: Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Paramedic
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A