Website Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
The selected candidate must meet the minimum qualifications of the corresponding job in the Program Supervisor V series.Supervises the Water Quality Applications Review and Processing team of the Water Quality Support Section of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ). Establishes and maintains team goals and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Provides feedback to team members on the progress toward goals and objectives of the team and section. Performs and oversees the annual billing for the Consolidated Water Quality (CWQ), General Permit Wastewater (GPW), General Permit Stormwater (GPS), and Sludge fee types.
- Assigns work; establishes and maintains a workload tracking and reporting system.
- Provides output and status reports to management and staff as necessary.
- Delegates tasks to staff members and monitors progress to assure completion.
- Establishes and maintains training requirements for team members; monitors progress toward training targets and encourages staff to attend available and required training.
- Communicates both up and down the management chain to disseminate information to staff; and provides leadership, management and program support and program guidance to staff.
- Completes personnel management functions including hiring and performance management; tracks and assures professional development requirements of staff.
- Attends meetings; and provides technical assistance to internal or external customers on issues related to the functions of the team and section.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Moving up to 40 pounds of files. Traveling up to 10% of the time.Qualifications:
- Experience in the administration of a program relevant to assignment.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in a field relevant to assignment (COPY OF OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED WITH APPLICATION
- Bachelors degree or higher.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Experience performing environmental work; interpreting rules; working with the regulated community and/or governmental officials.
- Experience managing and working on complex projects (i.e. program databases, billing, application revisions, etc.).
- Experience using MS Office Suite.
- Condition of Employment: TCEQ will verify Selective Service registration for males born on or after January 1, 1960
Company: Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Paramedic
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A