Website Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
This position is also available as a lateral transfer opportunity to employees within the Administrative Assistant state classification. The selected candidate must meet the minimum qualifications of the corresponding job in the Administrative Assistant II-III series.Provides routine administrative and/or clerical support for the Houston Regional Office of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ). Answers telephone calls, takes messages, provides information and/or refers calls to appropriate parties.
- Greets and directs visitors to appropriate staff.
- Receives and routes packages, mail, faxes, and documents.
- Assists staff in compiling information, reviewing data, preparing correspondence and mail outs, copying and distributing reports, and coding reports for central records.
- Maintains databases, files, and records to track information and prepare queries and reports.
- Assists in planning and facilitating general office activities and support services such as travel, procurements, etc., and coordinating administrative assignments/tasks among the region.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Moving up to 10 pounds of files and office supplies.
- Traveling up to 5% of the time.
- The agency will review the applicants driving history in connection with the use of a vehicle in the performance of the job.
- Qualifications: Graduation from a standard senior high school or its equivalent plus one year of full-time experience providing administrative and/or clerical support in an office setting.
- Fifteen semester hours from an accredited college or university may be substituted for each six months of the required experience
Company: Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Paramedic
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A