Walsh University, a member of the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC), is accepting applications for the position of Vice President for Athletics/Athletic Director. The Vice President for Athletics/Athletic Director is responsible for the management and coordination of the University’s intercollegiate athletic program. Serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet. Serves as the University’s liaison with the NCAA and the conferences in which the University teams participates. Serves as the ambassador for the athletic programs. Assists with fund raising for the University’s athletic programs.
- Provide leadership for ongoing departmental assessment efforts, focusing on the experience of student athletes and teams
- Work with the Advancement and Alumni Departments in fundraising endeavors for the athletic programs
- Coordinate planning of schedules with coaches for University intercollegiate sports teams
- Work successfully with university leadership, faculty, and staff to advance the athletic department
- Direct the activities of the coaches of the respective sports teams
- Implement NCAA, Title IX, and Division II guidelines and compliance regulations for all student athletes and coaches
- Provide overall management and evaluation of the University’s athletic facilities
- Plan, implement and manage budget, including financial aid, for the University’s athletic programs
- Work with the Sports Information Director in keeping information flowing regarding athletics
- Hire and supervise all personnel in the Athletic Department including staff, coaches, and graduate assistants
- Lead high-level departmental initiatives that support collegiate strategic planning objectives for athletics
- Develop strategies to promote student athlete success, including but not limited to retention, academic college readiness, stress management, and wellness
- Collaborate, understanding the mutually beneficial impact of partnering with other departments on broader, college-wide initiatives, including those related to student recruitment and retention
- Represent the University at official Conference and NCAA meetings
- A successful candidate demonstrates commitment to academic excellence and the ability to work effectively with many different constituencies.
- Professional demeanor, a positive attitude and ability to interact with charity towards students, staff and faculty a must
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills are required. Management, budgeting, and organizational skills are required.
- Commitment to independent faith-based education
- An advanced degree from an accredited university is preferred. The individual demonstrates integrity, drive, vision and comprehensive communication skills.
- Significant successful experience in the administration of intercollegiate athletics or comparable managerial experience is preferred.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required in preferred areas including Education Administration, Business or Sports Management. Master’s degree preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Morocco, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A