Website California State Parks
Under direction, on a temporary or seasonal basis only, to lead lower-level seasonal employees performing unskilled manual labor in cleaning up and maintaining State property; and to do other related work.
- The Senior Maintenance Aide (Seasonal) leads seasonal Maintenance Aides in performing unskilled maintenance work; coordinates and leads the activities of seasonal housekeeping and conservation crews in cleanup and maintenance of State facilities
- Gives instruction in the safe and proper use of tools and housekeeping supplies
- Inspects completed work for quality control and conformance to established standards
- Maintains and operates light vehicles; trains lower-level seasonal employees; and may assist permanent maintenance workers in unskilled maintenance tasks at park facilities.
- Knowledge of: The operation and/or maintenance of State facilities, lead responsibilities, and basic principles of dealing with employees and the public; good physical work methods.
- Ability to: Follow instructions; work independently;
- Establish and maintain cooperative relations with the general public and other employees;
- Use tools, supplies, and equipment appropriate for the job
- Identify problems and take corrective action; provide leadership; perform heavy, sustained physical work.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience: One thousand hours of experience performing maintenance functions in a class equivalent in level of responsibility to Maintenance Aide (Seasonal).
Company: California State Parks
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Santa Cruz County, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A