Website California State Parks
Under supervision, to assist in the performance of professional duties in environmentally related fields; and to do other related work.
- Receives training from professional environmental departmental staff and gains practical experience by observing and assisting with the work performed
- Assists in and performs related research; may perform more independent studies in areas of particular expertise
- Analyzes and evaluates data; prepares recommendations, reports and correspondence
- Observes methods, problems and principles related to the professional environmental assignments
- Gains experience in the methods and ethics of professional conduct and practice.
- Knowledge of: General concepts and principles involved in urban and environmental planning and environmental issues.
- Ability to: Reason logically; establish and maintain effective working relationships; draw sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations
Qualification & Experience:
- Possession of a Master’s or two years of graduate work toward a Doctorate Degree in Urban, Regional or Environmental Planning, Economics, Natural Resource Management, Ecology, Geography, Earth or Natural Science, Engineering, Architecture, Law, or a related field or possession of another advanced degree with significant graduate course work in these fields.
Company: California State Parks
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Santa Cruz County, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A