Website California State Parks
The District Superintendent, Department of Parks and Recreation series describes two professional positions within the State Park System responsible for the protection and management of natural and cultural resources, public safety and law enforcement functions, visitor services, interpretation programs, real property management, facilities maintenance, and administration.
- Positions in the series work as district superintendents.
- Incumbents direct the overall activities of a district which include: natural and cultural resource management and protection, visitor services, interpretation, aquatic programs, facilities maintenance, capital outlay engineering, landscaping, property management, historic properties preservation, concessions, equipment, and administration including budget preparation and review, revenue collection, employee development and performance evaluation, and employee discipline.
- Incumbents also oversee the public safety and law enforcement activity. Incumbents also work with cooperative associations and volunteer groups, community and allied public sector groups, and the media.
- Possession of a valid driver license of the appropriate classification issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles. (Applicants who do not possess the license will be admitted to the examination, but they must produce evidence of the license before they can be considered eligible for appointment.)
Qualification & Experience:
- One year of experience in the California state service performing the duties of a classification with a level of responsibility not less than that of a State Park Superintendent III.
- Two years of experience in the California state service performing the duties of a classification with a level of responsibility not less than that of a State Park Superintendent II.
Company: California State Parks
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento County, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A