Website State of Vermont
This is a new position that will be part of the Health Department’s Communication Office to work with the webmaster, accessibility work group and health equity and community engagement team to identify and implement changes to ensure vital documents, data, public information and messages are easily accessible. The overall function of this position is to assist the webmaster in improving the usability of healthvermont.gov for people with disabilities and those who have limited proficiency in English
- This position will develop and execute a data dissemination plan for analysis and reporting and to assist with designing reports, graphics, infographics for data reporting on a variety of health surveillance topics.
- This position will support the Health Surveillance Information Director in meeting the communication needs of the Division and the Department.
- Duties include: Implement data dissemination plan, assess completeness of data dissemination, create templates for specific types of reporting, participate in the evaluation of data products, assist with other related aspects of grant evaluation, develop, implement and distribute data reports, coordinating users and providers of data, assist with the implementation of the Health Surveillance Communications annual work plan and achievement of communications-related goals in the Health Surveillance strategic plan.
- Work is performed under the general supervision of the Division Director for Health Surveillance. All employees of the Agency of Human Services performed their respective functions adhering to four key practices, customer service, strengths-based relationships, and results orientation.
- the Microsoft suite and the ability to gain knowledge of applicable state and federal law and departmental regulations and policies are a must.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in public health, public administration or a health field AND two (2) years or more of professional experience in marketing, advertisement, media communications, and public relations in the private or public sector.
- Bachelor’s degree AND three (3) years or more of professional experience in marketing, advertisement, media communications, and public relations in the private or public sector.
Company: State of Vermont
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: State of Vermont
Application Deadline: N/A