View All State Of Texas Jobs State Of Texas
Performs highly advanced (senior-level) managerial work as the Chief Financial Officer providing direction and guidance in strategic operations and planning. Work involves providing strategic direction, establishing goals and objectives; overseeing the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and guidelines; establishing priorities, standards, and measurement tools for determining progress in meeting goals; coordinating and evaluating program activities and/or business functions; and reviewing and approving budgets within the Chief Financial division and for the agency as a whole. Supervises the work of others.
- Oversees the preparation of and approval of each department’s annual budget.
- Has direct supervision of financial and management administrative staff.
- Oversees the planning, implementation, coordination and evaluation of each financial divisions.
- Oversees and is responsible for the accuracy of all of the agency’s financial reporting.
- Oversees and advises executive staff and program management on the financial status and progress of DFPS programs and informs them regarding potential and actual financial areas of interest or concern.
- Oversees and prepares the agency budget including approving all major agency expenditures.
- Responsible to ensure all financial reporting is accurate and complete.
- Oversees and submits timely financial and statistical reports as requested or required by both internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains system for fiscal responsibility and ensuring funding sources are met. accountability within the agency.
- Develops and/or oversees the implementation of long-range and short-term plans.
- Directs the strategic operations of the all of the agency’s financial divisions.
- Directs the development of legislative appropriations requests, annual operating budgets, fiscal notes, and cost estimates.
- Oversees all budgeting and financial issues in the agency.
- Develops and maintains systems to ensure the requirements of each funding source is met and funds are used for their intended purpose(s).
- Knowledge of state and federal funding streams, budgeting, cost allocation methodologies, including related federal circulars.
- Knowledge of state government accounting and budgeting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of relevant state and federal law particularly with the legislative appropriations process.
- Knowledge of State of Texas legislative processes and initiatives.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws related to department programs.
- Knowledge of strategic planning, the budget process, cost recovery, financial and contract management.
- Knowledge of the principles of leadership and how to deal with various leadership styles.
- Knowledge of state agency information technology, legal processes, and other business services.
- Skill in budget preparation, monitoring and control.
- Skill in strategic planning and executing and evaluating complex programs, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Skill in managing multiple and competing priorities.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A