View All State Of Texas Jobs State Of Texas
Performs highly complex, senior-level legal work. Work involves overseeing and planning legal activities, preparing legal documents, participating in hearings, interpreting laws and regulations, and rendering legal advice and counsel. May supervise the work of others. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Manages the legal workload to ensure deadlines are met to ensure successful outcomes for the agency. Interacts routinely with caseworkers, supervisors, program directors, and program administrators; agency attorneys, county and district attorneys, assistant attorney generals, and opposing counsel; judges, agency clients, witnesses, community professionals, and expert witnesses; and protective services clients and the general public regarding legal activities.
- Coordinates the preparation of legal opinions, briefs, contracts, proposals, and reports:
- Prepares or supervises the preparation of legal opinions, briefs, contracts, notices, memoranda, reports, and other documents.
- Researches legal concepts, case law, judicial opinions, statutes, regulations on issues of concern and implication to DFPS, and drafts formal and informal memos for DFPS programs and executive management staff.
- Coordinates and responds to open records requests. Monitors changes in state and federal court cases, and rules.
- Skill in legal research, writing, and analysis; in the use of a computer and applicable software; in using reasoning and logic; in identifying and solving complex problems; in prioritizing workloads; and in using judgment to identify courses of action.
- Knowledge of legal principles, practices, proceedings, state and federal laws, rules, regulations, and agency administrative rules and regulations.
- Ability to conduct hearings, to prepare opinions and briefs, to prepare cases for trial, to conduct research, to summarize findings, to interpret and apply laws, to use legal reference materials, to communicate effectively, and to supervise the work of others.
- Ability to synthesize law, administrative rules, agency policies and goals, and best practice recommendations to reach an appropriate interpretation.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A