View All State Of Texas Jobs State Of Texas
The University of Houston Libraries seeks a Teaching and Learning Librarian to significantly contribute to the development, implementation, and assessment of information literacy education at the University of Houston. Reporting to the Head of Teaching and Learning, the librarian will further the department’s efforts towards inclusive, learner-centered pedagogy through targeted curricular and co-curricular instruction. The Teaching and Learning Department is focused on teaching transferable information literacy concepts and abilities that are essential to critical inquiry.
- The Teaching and Learning Department is highly collaborative, and the librarian will work closely with colleagues in and out of the library on departmental projects and initiatives.
- The Teaching and Learning Librarian will have opportunities for mentorship and training in job responsibilities and will have the opportunity to build skills for leading programs and initiatives.
- The University of Houston empowers students in their pursuit of learning, discovery, leadership, and engagement.
- UH provides students with cutting edge programs including undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, distance, and continuing education.
- UH Libraries is committed to building and maintaining an equitable and inclusive workplace and learning environment.
- Our organization serves one of the most diverse campuses in the nation and seeks to recruit and retain a similar community of library professionals.
- We welcome candidates whose experience in libraries, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to excellence in diversity and inclusion.
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in and out of the library
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest, coursework, or experience in teaching information literacy
- Engagement with the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy in Higher Education
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A