Website State of Minnesota
This posting is being used to fill one (1) seasonal part-time (80%), NR Worker position located at McCarthy Beach State Park. Anticipated season dates are from approximately May 23rd through September 6th each year. Days of work vary, with a rotating schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
- Greet park visitors and provide basic information to visitors and callers (e.g. give map of park and direction to campsite, answer most commonly-asked questions).
- Collect fees for state park vehicle permits, camping lodging, boat/bike rental, firewood and park merchandise.
- Perform simple record keeping tasks (e.g., complete routine forms, write notes and messages).
- Assist with park merchandise (e.g., mark prices, stock shelves, help customers find items).
- Collect and dispose of litter and other waste products (e.g., pick up trash, empty garbage cans, clean ashes from fire rings).
- Perform routine cleaning tasks (e.g., wash windows, floors, walls, ceilings, toilets, fixtures, vehicles).
- Ability to effectively communicate with the public and other employees.
- Ability to comprehend and follow simple oral and written instructions.
- Ability to withstand exposure to adverse weather and/or environmental conditions.
- Ability to use various cleaning supplies and other chemicals.
- Knowledge of Minnesota State Park rules and facilities.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in retail operations.
- Experience operating a cash register.
Company: State of Minnesota
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Rochester, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A