Website State of Michigan
The Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB) is a state agency dedicated to ensuring the conduct of fair and honest gaming. Our agency continues to change and adapt to meet new challenges by regulating several new forms of gaming including onsite sports betting at the Detroit casinos, internet gaming, internet sports betting, fantasy sports, and mobile wagering for pari-mutuel horse racing in 2020. MGCB ensures fair and honest gaming to protect the interests of citizens of the State of Michigan.
- As an employer, MGCB will promote and foster an inclusive environment that values diversity, promotes equity in all operations and decisions, and celebrates multiple approaches and points of view.
- We are committed to employee development, promotional, and growth opportunities as an agency by offering career development plans, mentoring programs, and training to cultivate an atmosphere in which employees thrive while working toward future goals.
- This position functions as a student assistant to the Michigan Gaming Control Board. Duties will include assisting the Administration division with work backlog, data entry, copying, labeling, filing and scanning; answering telephone; assisting with special projects; assisting with maintenance of Board car pool; disseminating information to Board members and employees; providing backup for receptionist; daily mail courier services to the Detroit casinos; assisting staff at the Detroit casinos; and assisting with monthly Board meetings.
- Employment in the state classified service demands a high degree of loyalty and imposes high ethical standards on employees to ensure the integrity of state government and maintain effective services.
- All employees must meet these ethical standards and all appointing authorities are obligated to enforce these ethical standards.
- As part of this effort all employees are required to report any possible conflict of interest, please review the information and be prepared to respond to questions related to the information in your application.
Company: State of Michigan
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Detroit, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A