State of Maine
Job Class Code: 6598
Salary: $15.85 – $21.93 (all new hires start at step 1, $15.85)
Opening: October 27, 2022
Closing: November 11, 2022
Are you looking for a rewarding career with opportunity for advancement and weekends off? Do you enjoy contributing to a team and providing excellent customer service? If you thrive on quality and contributing to the safety of the roads in Maine, we want you on our team!!
Apply Now, we offer superior benefits (highlighted below) including: 13 paid holidays, 12 sick days and 3+ weeks’ vacation to start!
The Department of the Secretary of State, Bureau of Motor Vehicles is seeking candidates for several Customer Representative Associate II for the Titles Services Division. This position provides a wide range of office and administrative support work; interacts regularly over the telephone and occasionally in person at the front desk with title customers to assist with their needs. The work that is performed is very detailed-oriented, time sensitive, and computer based. Additional responsibilities require independent decision-making on the appropriate processes to follow, information to process, and actions to take in accordance with standard procedures. The Customer Representative Associate II works under the direct supervision of the Clerk IV. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 – 5:00.
In this role you will:
- Respond to written, telephone, and in-person customer inquiries concerning title processing in order to provide a range of customer services to the general public, lending institutions and dealers.
- Assist customers and handle a high volume of incoming daily mail, filing, taking and processing payments.
- Track documents for follow-up action and sorting title documents.
- Coordinate approved customer services and initiate requests for missing documents/information, in order to provide all customers with the services necessary to obtain information.
- Collect, validate, and reconcile revenue, in order to verify that the money collected for services reconciles with the amount of revenue to be deposited.
- Scan documents/records.
To be successful, you will need:
- Knowledge of programs and resources that have a compliance or eligibility component.
- Knowledge of query and research techniques.
- Ability to make intermediate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to verify, code, compute, and/or reconcile data on standard documents.
- Ability to track documents for follow-up action.
- Ability to effectively resolve problems.
- Ability to assist customers and providers with reporting, eligibility, and compliance requirements,
- Ability to effectively present routine factual information to individuals/groups.
Training, education, or experience in office and administrative support work that demonstrates:
- competency in applying a solid knowledge of the principles and practices of quality customer service to perform complex work in assisting the public with applications, fees, examinations, or social services that have an eligibility or compliance component; and
- the ability to use independent decision-making on the appropriate processes to follow, information to process, and actions to take in accordance with standard procedures.
- All positions in this classification assume the qualifications of: Customer Representative Assistant I, Customer Representative Assistant II and Customer Representative Associate I.
For more information or questions, please contact: [email protected] or call (207) 624-9010.
No matter where you work across Maine state government, you find employees who embody our state motto—”Dirigo” or “I lead”—as they provide essential services to Mainers every day. We believe in supporting our workforce’s health and wellbeing with a valuable total compensation package, including:
- Work-Life Balance – Rest is essential. Take time for yourself using 13 paid holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and 3+ weeks of vacation leave Vacation leave accrual increases with years of service, and overtime-exempt employees receive personal leave.
- Health Insurance Coverage – The State of Maine pays 85%-100% of employee-only premiums ($10,150.80-$11,345.04 annual value), depending on salary. Use this chart to find the premium costs for you and your family, including the percentage of dependent coverage paid by the State.
- Health Insurance Premium Credit – Participation decreases employee-only premiums by 5%. Visit the Office of Employee Health and Wellness for more information about program requirements.
- Dental Insurance – The State of Maine pays 100% of employee-only dental premiums ($350.40 annual value).
- Retirement Plan – The State of Maine contributes 13.16% of pay to the Maine Public Employees Retirement System (MainePERS), on behalf of the employee.
- Gym Membership Reimbursement – Improve overall health with regular exercise and receive up to $40 per month to offset this expense.
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts – Set aside money pre-tax to help pay for out-of-pocket health care expenses and/or daycare expenses.
- Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness – The State of Maine is a qualified employer for this federal program. For more information, visit the Federal Student Aid office.
- Living Resources Program – Navigate challenging work and life situations with our employee assistance program.
- Parental leave is one of the most important benefits for any working parent. All employees who are welcoming a child—including fathers and adoptive parents—receive four weeks of fully paid parental leave. Additional, unpaid leave may also be available, under the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- Voluntary Deferred Compensation – Save additional pre-tax funds for retirement in a MaineSaves 457(b) account through payroll deductions.
- Learn about additional wellness benefits for State employees from the Office of Employee Health and Wellness.
Maine State Government is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.