State of Louisiana
Louisiana Department of
Public Safety & Corrections –
LOUISIANA STATE PENITENTIARY
THIS POSITION WILL BE FILLED AS A PROBATIONAL APPOINTMENT
or PROMOTION OF A PERMANENT CLASSIFIED EMPLOYEE
OF LOUISIANA STATE GOVERNMENT (State Employee)
SALARY DEPENDENT ON QUALIFICATIONS
Why work for DOC?
- Culture: DOC values and supports employees through numerous recognition programs, creating a sense of community, prioritizing internal promotional opportunities, clear communication, and professional development.
- Growth: Professional growth is encouraged at DOC through numerous avenues.
- Benefits: DOC offers a generous benefits package including; a defined benefit pension plan, health insurance that is also available post retirement, at least 10 paid holidays, sick and annual leave that rolls over from year to year, paid or time off accrued for hours worked over 40 per week, a deferred compensation plan, a flexible benefits plan, alternate work schedules, work from home, etc. Alternative work schedules including 4/10’s or work from home MAY be an available benefit for certain positions upon meeting the policy requirements.
This position may be filled as:
- DETAIL: The selected employee may be required to serve a trial detail prior to being permanently promoted.
- PROBATIONAL APPOINTMENT: Current permanent status classified State employees may be required to accept a probational appointment, if selected.
TEMPORARY JOB APPOINTMENT: This position may be filled by temporary job appointment. If filled as a temporary job appointment, should a permanent position become available, the employee may be converted to a probational appointment.
REVIEW YOUR APPLICATION TO MAKE SURE IT IS CURRENT – Resumes WILL NOT be accepted in lieu of completed education and experience sections on your application. Applications may be rejected if incomplete.
- Exams and License Requirements
- No Civil Service test score is required in order to be considered for this vacancy.
- Any degree, certificate, special license, or DD-214 must be verified by official documentation prior to hire.
- An attached resume will not replace a completed application; failure to provide your qualifying work experience may result in your application not being considered.
SALARY DEPENDENT ON QUALIFICATIONS
As part of a Career Progression Group, vacancies may be filled from this recruitment as a Professional Counselor 1, 2 or 3 depending on the level of experience of the selected applicant(s).
- The maximum salary for the Professional Counselor 3 is $75,026.00 per year.
- Please refer to the ‘Job Specifications’ tab located at the top of the LA Careers ‘Current Job Opportunities’ page of the Civil Service website for specific information on salary ranges, minimum qualifications and job concepts for each level.
To apply for this vacancy, click on the “Apply” link above and complete an electronic application, which can be used for this vacancy as well as future job opportunities.
REVIEW YOUR APPLICATION TO MAKE SURE IT IS CURRENT.
- IMPORTANT: In the supplemental questions section, applicants must authorize the HR Office of DPS&C-Corrections Services to contact prior employers to check references under the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA), to be considered for employment, by answering ‘YES’ to the PREA question.
- Resumes WILL NOT be accepted in lieu of completed education and experience sections on your application. Applications may be rejected if incomplete.
- There is no guarantee that everyone who applies to this posting will be interviewed. The hiring supervisor/manager has 90 days from the closing date of the announcement to make a hiring decision. Specific information about this job will be provided to you in the interview process, should you be selected.
- Applicants are responsible for checking the status of their application to determine where they are in the recruitment process. Further status message information is located under the Information section of the Current Job Opportunities page.
- This Agency is a Drug Free Workplace.
To view and apply to any of our other postings we currently have available, click HERE.
The Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Corrections – Corrections Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on any non-merit factor including disability.
For information about this job posting contact:
Louisiana State Penitentiary
Registration as either a Provisional Licensed Professional Counselor or a Provisional Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist by the Louisiana Board of Licensed Professional Counselors.
Pursuant to Act 484 of the 2014 Legislative Session and effective May 1, 2015, Counselor Interns are now called “Provisional Licensed Professional Counselors” (PLPCs) and MFT Interns are now called “Provisional Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists” (PLMFTs).