State of Louisiana
Reporting to the Campus Dean, the Drafting & Design Instructor supports the development and coordination of the Drafting & Design Program. The Drafting & Design Instructor provides classroom instruction in assigned classes and maintains office hours for student consultation. Classroom instruction includes preparing and reviewing lesson plans. It also includes the following: 1) Developing and reviewing the program and syllabi, goals and objectives according to approved curriculum and course syllabi standards; 2) Providing students with a written course syllabus; 3) Recommending books and materials, and revising curricula; 4) Evaluating and reviewing students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives; 5) Advising and counseling students and maintaining appropriate advisement records on each student; 6) Participating in registration; 7) Demonstrating and insuring the use of appropriate and effective teaching techniques, testing and grading procedures (including accurate, complete and proper maintenance of grade books and any other appropriate record-keeping requirements for the course, program or college), 8) Utilizing technology to facilitate learning and to access data, maintain records, generate reports, and communicate with others; 9) Effectively communicating using technology and oral or written communication skills;
10) Effectively managing the classroom and supporting policies and procedures aimed at insuring appropriate student discipline; 11) Meeting professional assignments in accordance with the college’s calendar and contractual obligations; and 12) Participating in the evaluation of the instructional process and using innovative strategies to continually improve learning. The Drafting & Design Instructor will also develop and maintain the hybrid/online Drafting & Design Program. The Drafting & Design Instructor performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides and supports classroom instruction for the Drafting & Design Program;
- Meets with students, staff members and other educators to discuss students’ instructional programs and other issues
- Selects and assesses student learning outcomes, fosters effective learning in both classroom and lab settings, and promotes good public relations via contacts and regular communications with business, industry, and the public sector
- Plans, organizes, controls and directs the operations of the Drafting & Design Program;
- Develops and updates the Drafting & Design Program’s Strategic Plan and assures their integration with other major planning efforts within the college;
- Oversees the Drafting & Design Program and all of its degree, diploma, and certificate credit program offerings;
- Oversees curriculum revision processes for the Drafting & Design Program;
- Assures the development of academic schedules for the Drafting & Design Program that meet the needs of students and academic programs, assigns faculty members effectively, enhances facility use, and integrates instructional technology in all modes of delivery;
- Maintains and reviews classrooms and laboratories in accordance with approved classroom and lab management plans.
- Supports the development and facilitation of high school/college programming, transfer articulations, and other collaborative partnerships;
- Provides leadership to the Drafting & Design Program faculty to insure effective academic services through assessment, program review, development of student-learning outcomes, accreditation activities, and other accountability efforts;
- Tracks the academic status of Drafting & Design Program students to ensure good academic standards are maintained and appropriate action is taken to refer students to necessary remediation or support services;
- In collaboration with the Drafting & Design Department Program Chair, coordinates the development of Drafting & Design Program brochures/handouts;
- Supervises and evaluates the performance of assigned personnel; coordinate the work assignments of assigned personnel; review work to assure compliance with established standards, requirements and procedures; take the necessary steps to ensure smooth and timely service to all employees college- wide as well as to prospective employees;
- Motivates staff to improve quantity and quality of work performed and provides training and development opportunities as appropriate;
- Develop and implement measures and methodology for determining the effectiveness and efficiency of the Drafting & Design Program;
- Regularly attends seminars, special conferences and professional meetings as time and budget permit;
- Builds and strengthens an environment that fosters creativity, innovation, and professional development among Drafting & Design Program faculty;
- Monitors Drafting & Design Program website pages to make sure they are accurate and current;
- Attains, maintains and reviews program certification requirements, as appropriate.
- Assure all academic practices and student records for both current and former students of the College comply with local, state, federal and accrediting body (COE, SACS, etc.) regulations;
- Follows and enforces rules and regulations as described by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System and other policies and procedures established by the college;
- Serves on committees;
- Occasional evening and weekend work and overnight travel may be required; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Drafting & Design Processes
- Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Teaching and learning strategies
Demonstrated Ability to:
- Reviews and Revises Curricula in conjunction with Dean of Technical Studies.
- Apply knowledge of and experience in accreditation processes, specifically related to student learning outcomes, program review and integrated planning;
- Function in a multi-campus/site educational organization to promote the goals of the College.
- Effectively use technology and computer software programs, including MS Office
- Organize and manage individual and team projects.
- Promote collegiality, staff cohesiveness and the core values of the institution.
- Analyze, problem-solve and make decisions.
- Provide excellent customer service to faculty, staff, current students, prospective students, alumni, business and industry partners, community representatives and other stakeholders
- To work with a diverse population.
- Associate’s Degree and a background in Drafting & Design, Civil Engineering or related field.
- Five years of hands-on experience in the Drafting & Design industry.
- A strong commitment to and passion for the mission of the comprehensive community college
- Commitment to staff diversity, learning and development
- Proficient in Auto-CADD
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a background in Drafting & Design, Civil Engineering or related field.
- Teaching experience or industry training experience.
- Experience with Inventor and/or Rivet software.
- Proficient in architectural and civil drafting.
- An in-depth working knowledge of the rules, regulations and principles of the Council on Occupational Education and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- Working experience with Ellucian’s Banner or other major student information system
Applicants must meet eligibility requirements to work in the U.S. at time of appointment. All application materials must be submitted as a complete packet and will become the property of CLTCC. Applicants who fail to submit a complete application packet may not be considered.
A complete application packet consists of:
- Cover Letter (See resume will not be sufficient)
- Official or Unofficial transcripts from all high schools attended for which diploma have been granted. Diploma must be posted on transcripts. Official transcripts will be required prior to employment.