Website State of Illinois
Under general supervision of the PSA/Active Treatment Program Administrator, plans and carries out a part of the Activity Therapy Program Services in the Kiley developmental disability facility; leads adults in appropriate activities; assists with the selection of individuals for industrial assignments; assists in the orientation of aides and volunteers.
- Gathers supplies, sets up equipment and prepares activity area for daily programs and special events (i.e. holidays, etc.).
- Carries out special activity projects as assigned.
- Plans parties and special events designed to promote resident’s interest and participation; completes requests for supplies.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- Attends lectures and participates in activities of in-service training classes and institutes.
- Requires the ability to meet all agency vaccine/health-related policies and guidance.
- Requires ability to pass the IDHS background check.
- Requires ability to pass a drug screen. On January 1, 2020, the Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act made it legal for residents over the age of 21 to produce, consume and sell cannabis in Illinois.
- Requires working knowledge of the basic techniques, skills and principles of the assigned activity and ability to apply them appropriately to meet the needs of individuals or groups.
- Requires the ability to instruct and direct individual or small group activities and maintain patient interest and participation in the activities.
Company: State of Illinois
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Waukegan, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A