Website State of Illinois
Under direction of the supervisor, performs complex, specialized clerical services for a team or teams of supervisors and professional child welfare and/or child protection staff; prepares and keyboards a variety of complex materials;
- Provides clerical office support as a secretary to the team supervisors and professional staff; makes travel and meeting arrangements for team members; follows oral and written instruction, gaining experience and knowledge in applying evolving automated office equipment and technology to complete tasks.
- Orients professional and other clerical staff regarding Departmental rules and office procedures; attends and provides input into team meetings.
- Maintains updated Rules and Procedures manuals; supervises children in the office to ensure their safety and provide personal needs; maintains inventory and orders supplies and forms.
- Completes and keyboards travel vouchers from handwritten materials, calculates and reviews to ensure accuracy, and returns to workers for review and signature.
- Maintains file copy of unit vouchers and forwards for payment processing; computes mileage and allowable per diem expenses; performs timekeeping functions as requested.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- Requires ability to pass a background check
- Requires ability to keyboard accurately at 45 wpm
- Requires working knowledge of legal, social, and medical terminology
Qualification & Experience:
- Requires knowledge, skill, and mental development equivalent to completion of high school
- Requires 2 years of office experience
Company: State of Illinois
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rock Island, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A