Website State of Florida
This is a highly professional position located in the Division of Public Health Statistics and Performance Management, Health Resources and Access section. The incumbent works in a cooperative manner with the Primary Care Office Director, Florida Reimbursement Assistance for Medical Education (FRAME) Manager and Department staff as a FRAME Program Specialist. This position requires the incumbent to be knowledgeable of policies, data, and issues related to access to health care, health professional shortage areas and underserved communities. The incumbent will assist the FRAME manager, individuals, agencies, organizations, and groups in developing and promoting policies, processes and rules that improve access to health care through effective FRAME operations.
- Reviews, analyzes, and researches legislative issues and prepares analysis of the projected effect of any proposed legislation or action. Prepares and compiles data for legislative budget requests and long-range program plans.
- Assists the FRAME Manager and HPSA Designation Coordinator with customer service inquiries including data retrieval and report production from the HRSA Data Warehouse regarding HPSA designations status.
- Reviews services, rules, tools, forms and reports to identify opportunities for improvement. Conducts studies/analyses of operational challenges to document findings and recommend improvements or corrective action(s).
- Prepares reports, including technical documents such as operations manuals, procedures guides, or operator instructions required for systems operations, as well as project reporting in coordination with the FRAME manager.
- Functions as a FRAME Program Specialist providing implementation and operational support, ongoing education and technical assistance related to the FRAME program. Conducts application reviews to determine eligibility for FRAME participation.
- Reviews application documents and contacts appropriate parties to ensure compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory requirements and court orders.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of basic management principles and practices.
- Ability to organize data into a logical format for presentation in reports, documents, and other written materials.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Knowledge of the methods of data collection and analysis.
- Ability to conduct fact finding and problem-solving activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to collect, evaluate and analyze data to develop alternative recommendations, solve problems, document workflow and other activities relating to the improvement of management practices.
Company: State of Florida
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Tallahassee, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A