Website U.S. Department of State
This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the “How to Apply” section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
- You will participate in activities supporting system and machinery design, alterations and modifications on MSC ships
- You will communicate orally and in writing with personnel of various levels to exchange information, coordinate work, provide input or assist with problem solution.
- You will serve as a Student Trainee (General Engineering) in the Engineering Department of Military Sealift Command (MSC)
- You will assist project engineers, review technical and engineering studies, perform calculations, and provide input on marine engineering issues
- Student’s academic or career goals must be in the field of Engineering or Naval Architecture.
- Completion of 1 academic year of post-high school study.
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time academic program at an institution of higher education, be in good academic standing with a minimum
- GPA of 2.0 and making satisfactory progress towards the receipt of a bachelor’s or graduate degree.
Qualification & Experience:
- Qualifying level of education for GS-4: Completion of 2 academic years of post-high school study or associate’s degree in the field of Engineering or Naval Architecture
- Qualifying level of education for GS-3: Completion of 1 academic year of post-high school study in the field of Engineering or Naval Architecture.
Company: U.S. Department of State
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Norfolk, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A