Website U.S. Department of State
Law students will get a unique opportunity to obtain valuable and professional Federal workforce experience with supporting attorneys on actual legal and policy matters. Interns will work closely with OLLA attorneys on handling a wide array of legal issues involving the Freedom of Information Act, the False Claims Act, whistleblower protection laws, federal employment laws, and other IG Act authorities. Duties will also consist of, but are not limited to, assisting attorneys with preparing memoranda of law, legal opinions, briefs, and preparing responses to correspondence. Interns may also gain experience on legislative and external affairs initiatives that impact the broader OIG community.
- Drafts and compiles training evaluation data, maintains an evaluation data system, and produces recurring statistical reports.
- Provides comprehensive logistical support to all Division programs and courses from pre-course registration to post-course follow-up and evaluation.
- Manages various operational and training-related administrative processes.
- Reviews, analyzes training and evaluates administrative policies, processes and procedures, clarifies conflicting or confusing guidelines, and recommends changes when appropriate.
- Participates with senior staff in supporting administrative and financial program activities.
- Monitors class schedules and enrollments, maintains thorough familiarity with assigned training courses, purpose, scope, special prerequisites and appropriate coordination points of contact.
You must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
You must meet all qualification requirements upon the closing date of this announcement.
You must be enrolled in good standing as a J.D. or LL.M candidate an ABA accredited ABA law school.
You must submit a law school transcript.
Qualification & Experience:
- you must be a student accepted for enrollment or enrolled and seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, degree) in a qualifying educational institution, on a full or half-time basis (as defined by the institution in which the student is enrolled).
- All Education must be accredited by an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accredited institutions recognized by the U.S.
Company: U.S. Department of State
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A