Website U.S. Department of State
This position is limited to veterans desiring to serve as a paid Congressional Aide for two-year in the U.S. House of Representatives Wounded Warrior Program (aka Green & Gold Congressional Aide Program). Selected Candidates will work directly for a Member of Congress as part of their office staff. Positions are located in Congressional District Offices around the country.
- The Wounded Warrior Program (aka Green & Gold Congressional Aide Program) was established to create employment opportunities for veterans within the House of Representatives.
- These two-year positions provide veterans with experience and exposure to broaden career opportunities. Positions are available in congressional Member District Offices nationwide.
- Duties will vary depending upon the specific requirements of each Member Office. Said duties may include, but are not limited to: working as a constituent services representative; helping local constituents resolve issues with federal agencies; serving as a liaison to local Veterans Service Organizations (VSO); attending local events and meetings on behalf of your Member of Congress; and performing legislative work.
- Detail oriented; excellent organization skills; excellent communication skills; strong computer skills;
- ability to complete projects within timelines and under minimal supervision. Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a professional and courteous work disposition;
- ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in handling sensitive information; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. High School Diploma required.
- Some college level classes preferred but not required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Knowledge of the legislative process is not required encouraged.
Company: U.S. Department of State
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Modesto, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A