Website U.S. Department of State
This position is located in the Department of Health And Human Services, Assistant Secretary for Administration, headquartered in Washington, District of Columbia.
- Lead a broad range of activities involved in workforce management and in program planning and evaluation.
- Oversee and direct administrative responsibilities such as, administrative audits, coordinating travel documents and approvals, development of policies and procedures, etc.
- Direct the subordinate staff through several subordinate Supervisors and Team Leaders.
- Oversee the implementation of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
- Oversee budget execution and formulation of the budget.
- Responsibility for managing a service portfolio in the areas of strategic human capital management, learning and employee development,
- learning design, learning technology, program operations, risk assessment, and workforce planning.
- Oversee, coordinate, and manage Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP) activities.
- Serves as a manager and advisor to the Director of Human Capital Division and Chief Learning Officer, Chief Human Capital Officer, Operating and Staff Divisions (OpDivs/StafiDivs).
- Appointment will be subject to the applicant’s successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. All information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation.
- Suitable for federal employment.
- Males born after December 31, 1959, must be registered or exempt from Selective Service – http://www.sss.gov.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date.
- Meet time in grade restrictions by the closing date of the announcement.
Qualification & Experience:
- You must have one-year specialized experience to perform successfully the duties of the position. To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service performing at least ALL of the following:
- Qualifications are based on breadth/level of experience. In addition to describing duties performed, applicants must provide the exact dates of each period of employment (from MM/YY to MM/YY) and the number of hours worked per week if part time. As qualification determinations cannot be made when resumes do not include the required information, failure to provide this information may result in disqualification. Applicants are encouraged to use the USAJOBS Resume Builder to develop their federal resume.
- Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through national Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to gain employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. If such experience is on a part-time basis, you must provide the average number of hours worked per week as well as the beginning and ending dates of the experience so it can be fully credited.
Company: U.S. Department of State
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fayetteville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A