Website U.S. Department of State
This position is located in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Farm Production and Conservation (FPAC), Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), National Headquarters (NHQ), Washington, D.C. This position is organizationally located in a National Headquarters division office. The position administers natural resources management/conservation programs and policy nation-wide.
- Partners with Agency leadership to ensure national consistency and technical compliance of natural resources management program functions and conservation implementation delivery.
- Provides technical leadership related to all aspects of operation and management of assigned natural resources management programs or initiatives.
- Develops modeling recommendations and model elements as a national expert in the natural resource profession, incorporating field level knowledge of conservation planning and agricultural private lands characterization.
- Provides technical guidance to senior executives or other senior managers concerning all aspects and activities involving planning and coordinating natural resources management programs and activities of the agency.
- Gathers, analyzes, and interprets natural resources and other relevant data to evaluate the effectiveness of national accomplishments for use in program management and in quantifying environmental outcomes.
- Leads and coordinates software development to assist with program implementation.
- Provides expert technical guidance and direction for assigned natural resources management programmatic segments.
- Collaborates with various levels of personnel across NRCS deputy areas and states to develop, propose, and recommend significant natural resources and conservation management program innovations or changes in support of major field office operations.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Direct Deposit–Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Subject to one-year supervisory/managerial probationary period unless prior service is creditable. New USDA supervisors must successfully complete all components of the required training program before the end of their probationary period.
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree: Bachelor’s or higher degree in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
- Combination of Education and Experience: This includes courses equivalent to a major, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Company: U.S. Department of State
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durham, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A