Website U.S. Department of State
The incumbent of this position directs and manages the Adjudication operation for the National Passport Center (CA/PPT/NPC) in Portsmouth, NH and serves as a senior member of the management team.
- Responsible for managing and directing the entire passport adjudication function for the regional Passport Agency/Center of assignments.
- Serve as an authority on resolution of highly complex citizenship cases and unique adjudication problems referred by subordinate supervisors.
- Monitors the overall quality and quantity of the work of Section personnel.
- Devises and implements internal controls to assure the laws, regulations, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Review adjudicative decisions by subordinates in disputes cases, using tact and discretion in developing solutions to balance the needs of passport applicants with those of the Department.
- Approves the submission of personnel action request for the filling of vacancies, reassignments and promotions, and request for changes in position classification.
- One year probationary period, unless excepted by regulation.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
- Mobility Agreement is required.
- Incumbent will be subject to random drug testing.
- This is a supervisory position.
- New supervisors must successfully complete a 1 year probationary period.
Company: U.S. Department of State
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tacoma, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A