Website U.S. Department of State
The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your states and your community!
- Serves as the key Department representative in dealing with the specific and general concerns of congressional oversight committees, the Department, and the Administration on matters relating to the confirmation of Presidential Appointees by SFRC.
- Provides analysis of the nominee’s professional experience, with a focus on public record, personal information shared by the nominee, confidential records provided to the Senate speeches and published articles and political contributions.
- He/she independently coordinates and facilitates effective communication between all individuals involved with the confirmation process , which include senior officials of the Department and interagency, Members of the Senate and Congressional staff.
- Develops, analyzes, and/or critiques the content and delivery of Congressional testimony by departmental principals in terms of style and substance, and provides relevant Members, staffers, and committees with specialized briefings.
- Provides technical assistance in the development of State ESGR regional committees. Assists State Committee leadership in developing and conducting a train-the-trainer program for trainers in the ESGR program throughout the State, in accordance with National ESGR standards.
- Assists the State Chair in Strategic Planning and Committee assessment reporting. Submits reports to National ESGR Headquarters, as required.
- Researches employer issues relating to National Guard or Reserve employee military commitments. Mediates to resolution employer concerns.
- Most issues are expected to be regular and recurring and susceptible to early compromise by the parties involved. In the event issues cannot be resolved through mediation, incumbent refers the conflict to higher authorities for resolution.
- Provides ESGR program technical assistance and guidance to RC military units within the State to accomplish the objectives and mission of the employer support program. Conducts staff assistance visits to ensure ESGR program requirements and policies for military members conform to respective service guidance. Provides ESGR technical interpretation, guidance and assistance to RC units and staff.
- Assist and provides administrative support to the volunteer service component of the ESGR program, to include assisting in recruiting, training and mentoring State Committee members, providing special emphasis to the recruiting and training of sufficient employer Out Reach and
- Ombudsmen volunteers. Executive Director is trained as an Ombudsman and on the details of the Uniformed Services Employment and Re-employment Rights Act (USERRA).
- Coordinates with all of the RCs in the state to schedule ESGR volunteers to support all mobilization and demobilization actions in the state.
- Develops, institutes and provides management and administrative support to the State ESGR Committee. Assists ESGR Committee leadership in forecasting and developing the annual budget necessary to support State ESGR Committee operations and programs. Serves as the ESGR
- Committee financial program manager.
- Serves as liaison with government, civilian and military agencies and organizations as appropriate to support and execute the mission and
- objectives of the ESGR program, explaining and coordinating all ESGR service and support activities available to employers and military members.
Qualification & Experience:
- This is an indefinite position that will not exceed 3 years from appointment date
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state’s National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- This is not a permanent position
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
Company: U.S. Department of State
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Santa Fe, NM, US
Application Deadline: N/A