Website U.S. Department of State
Position is in the Bureau of Budget and Planning, Office of Planning and Performance (BP/OPP) which prepares and submits the Department’s budget requests, manages operational resource requirements, and ensures operational planning and performance management is synchronized with Department resource requirements. This position uses data science, analytics, and visualization for decision-making purposes to strengthen the use of data visualization in reporting on diplomatic engagement activities.
- Manages first line response to data requests received by BP, coordinating across BP and other management bureaus to rapidly respond with accurate, analyzed, and effectively visualized products for use by the Department external stakeholders.
- Ensures compliance with data governance/management policies, systems integration, the extraction, transformation, and loading of data, and mastery of tools and practices to ensure data access and integrity.
- Researches and collects data use cases by cleaning, manipulating, and structuring data across many systems to define customer data needs and create data product pipelines for solutions.
- Serve as a senior expert and consultant to top Department management officials to advise on integrating data analytics programs with other programs of equivalent scope and complexity to improve State data flows and integrity.
- Primary facilitator of accessing both internal and external data, working with Department and USAID data stewards to secure data-sharing agreements, identifying and meeting security controls for data, and documenting all data received by BP.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Incumbent will be subject to random drug testing.
- One year probationary period, unless excepted by regulation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience translating management and budget data in all its forms into information products that can serve to inform decisions of senior leaders.
- Experience researching and collecting data use cases as well as cleaning, manipulating, and structuring data across many systems.
Company: U.S. Department of State
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hartford, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A